Some facts about Freemasons
Freemasonry and the Masonic Lodge
· 6 million masons worldwide: 33,700 lodges
· 4 million members in U.S.: 15,300 lodges
· Formed in 1717 in London, England
· All masons enter the “Blue Lodge” in the beginning and make their first three degrees
· From there, they can choose to go into the Scottish Rite (32 degrees with 33rd being honorary) or York Rite (13 degrees and opportunity to join Shriners)
· Shriners are the highest level of Masonry
· Every mason takes a blood oath to preserve masonry
· Oath taken before “Worshipful Master”
· Dr. Albert Pike is the leading quotable authority on freemasonry wrote “Morals and Dogma”
· Masonry is a religion “Every masonic lodge is a temple of religion and its teachings are instruction in religion” pg. 213. “Masonry is from the earliest times the custodian and depository of the great religious truths, unknown to the world at large and handed down from age to age by unbroken current of tradition that was embodied in symbols, emblems and allegories.” Pg. 210. “Masonry is a worship. Masonry is the universal religion in the heart of universal humanity. The ministers of this religion are all masons. Its sacrifices are to God, our good works and perpetual efforts to attain to moral perfection of which man is capable” pg 219
· “The mystery of the Blue Lodge, which every mason joins, finds symbolic meaning within the temple and the whole structure which was intended to represent the universe. The grand principle of the occult philosophy, veiled under the name Kaballah, and so little understood by the mass of initiates of the ancient and modern free masonry.” Pg. 304
· Symbolism behind the compass and rule: Compass represents the heavens and the male generative deity. The rule represents the earth and the female deity. They are coming together in the generative action. The “G” in the middle stands for the “generating principle of life”.
· Mason’s God is named “JBO” for Jehovah, Baal, and Osiris
· According to Masons, Jesus was simply a great reformer and that He taught a lofty morality. He was just like Confucius, Buddha, Mohammad, and Moses.
· All Shriners take a blood oath and swear allegiance to Allah, the God of Mohammad and the Arabs as his God.
· Red Fez for Shriners: “Why do they wear the red fez and why does it have an Islamic sword and crescent on it. When Mohammad and the Muslims swept across North Africa in the 7th century they came to Fez, Morocco. In Fez, there is a large Christian Community and Mohammad had ordered the slaughter of all the infidels, meaning Christians, who would not bow down to Allah and Mohammad. When those Christians refused, the Muslims went in with the Islamic Sword and they slaughtered the Christians by the thousands. And then to glory in the defeat of Christianity, the Muslims would take their Fez and dip it in the blood of the Christians slaughtered by the Islamic sword to glory in the defeat of Christianity. And every Shriner now wears the red Fez with the Islamic sword to glory in the defeat and slaughter of Christians.”
Historic Origins of Modern Masonry
Modern Masonry was founded in London in 1717 when four small Masonic lodges united to become the Grand Lodge of England. Subsequently, in 1736, the first Masonic Lodge in Europe, the Grand Orient Lodge in Paris, was founded.
Freemasonry known also as the Craft or the Brotherhood, was no longer a guild of operative stone masons who had built Europe’s great Catholic cathedrals, It had become a collection of intellectuals who out of pride valued reason over faith which in turn led to a descent into the spiritual darkness of self-deification.
In Defense of Christianity
Since 1738, the Popes have warned of the intrinsic deceitfulness of Freemasonry and similar secret societies because of their rejection of Jesus Christ as the Savior and Redeemer.
The intrinsic evil of Masonry, which embraces organized naturalism and denies the divinity of Christ, was already so evident by 1738 that Pope Clement XII in an encyclical binding to the entire Christian Church admonished the faithful to avoid membership in and association wit Freemasonry: ” All the faithful of Christ of whatever state, grade, condition or order, we ordain stringently and in virtue of holy obedience, that they shall not under any pretext enter, propagate or support the aforesaid societies, known as Freemasons, or otherwise named, that the faithful shall not be enrolled in them, or take part in their proceedings, assist them, or afford them in any way counsel, and, or favor, publicly or privately, directly or indirectly, by themselves or by others in any way whatever under pain of excommunication to be incurred by the very act without further declaration….” Absolution from this most grievous offense against God, was only obtainable from the successor to St. Peter.
Clements’s condemnation was absolute “…because of the wickedness and perversion of Masonry and their ability to deceive.”
In 1829, Pope Pius VIII stated, ” Lying is their rule, Satan is their God, and shameful deeds their sacrifice.” And in 1885, Pope Pius IX told the Archbishop of Paris that Masonic secret sects formed ” The Synagogue of Satan.”
Pope Leo XIII, in Human Genus, labeled Freemasonry “this foul plague [with] a fraudulent external appearance,” and proclaimed, “we wish it to be your rule first of all to tear away the mask from Freemasonry and let it be seen for what it really is; and by sermons and pastoral letters to instruct the peoples as to the artifices used by societies of this kind in seducing men.”
Masonic Black Masses
In a 1991 interview Cardinal Eduard Gagnon, member of the Church’s Curia, said he knew from his personal experience in Canada, that Masons stole the Consecrated Hosts to be used in the celebration of Masonic black masses. The Cardinal stated further that Masons had made repeated efforts to influence the Vatican to lift all prohibitions against Catholic membership.
Masonic Wars and Assassinations
The Masonic lodges, together with the Jacobins and the Illuminati masterminded the bloody French Revolution to overthrow the Catholic monarchy and the catholic Church so as to install a Masonic republic. Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were beheaded; the Catholic clergy were either murdered or forced to hide; a Masonic black Mass desecrated the high altar of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, and Masonic governments have ruled France for most of the past two centuries. In 1914, World War I was precipitated by the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir apparent to the Hapsburg throne and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Gavrilo Princep, one of the assassins, testified that the Serbian Masonic Lodge had ordered the assassination-the goal was to destroy both the Hapsburg dynasty and the Austro- Hungarian Empire. Kaiser Wilhelm II stated in his biography that the Masonic Grand Masters of Europe intended to destroy the Catholic Hapsburg dynasty, eliminate the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and destroy the Catholic Church. They were successful in two of the three goals!
In 1917, Maximilian Kolbe watched in horror as the Freemasons, celebrating their bicentennial, marched through the streets of Rome carrying banners depicting Satan defeating St. Michael and declaring: “Satan will rule on Vatican Hill and the Pope will serve as his errand boy.” Martyr and saint, Fr. Kolbe worked tirelessly against Masonry because he knew how this enemy of the Church insidiously effects revolutionary social changes by promoting spiritual paralysis, moral compromise, secular humanism, and the heresy of indifferentism.
In July, 1992,Mexico’s Masonic Grand Master Francisco Valle Guzman condemned the Catholic Church as “the most powerful and ruthless enemy of science, civilization, fraternity and love. Any reconciliation between us is impossible.” He then added that Masonry’s “duty” is to be the “gravediggers” of the Catholic Church.
In the spring of 1993, Mexican Cardinal Posadas Ocampo stated, “the principles and traditional philosophy of the Freemasons makes it clear that they don’t act in our favor,” adding that the 1994 presidential elections “would be an appropriate occasion for change.”
In May 1993, the Cardinal was gunned down in the Guadalajara Airport. Although circumstantial evidence points to a Masonic assassination, Mexico’s Masonic government continues to declare that the murder was an accident.
At each degree of initiation, Masons take a deadly oath, and swear allegiance to Masonry above God and Country. Under pain of death, they swear never to reveal the secrets of Freemasonry- not even to their wives.
Therefore, no matter what Masons claim about their good works or intentions, they cannot be believed. They are the Church’s diabolical enemy.
Agents of the Anti Christ
Root Causes of the Great Apostasy
St Paul in his second letter to the Thessalonians foretold events which must take place before the second coming of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
“Let no one deceive you in anyway, for the day of the Lord will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and is exalted above all that is called God, or that is worshipped, so that he sits in the temple of God and gives himself out as if he were God.” (2:3,4)
St. Paul’s letter explicitly prophesizes that the great apostasy and the advent of the Antichrist must precede the second coming. “It is possible for the faithful to recognize the era of the great apostasy or will they be deceived by the lying wonders of the son of perdition the marks of which deceive.”
Our Lord Jesus Christ established His Church to be His teaching authority on earth and He chose St. Peter as the first Pope. It was Pope Pius XII one of St. Peter’s successors who, at a pastoral conference on May 23, 1958, while warning the faithful of the great apostasy also identified the causes of the great apostasy: “the roots of modern apostasy lay in scientific atheism, dialectical materialism, rationalism, illuminism, laicism, and Freemasonry which is the mother of them all.”
The following link is invaluable in the clarification of Free Masonry and Catholicism. It contains several important links to other documents please feel free to explore.
God Bless BJS!!